Edwardsville Collinsville Guide Right 60
Kappa League Scholarship Program
Dear Madison County Community Members, I bring to you the Edwardsville/ Collinsville Guide Right Kappa League Program. This program is a direct extension of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated. Kappa Alpha Psi was founded in 1911 and since this time has served inner city communities all over the country. In 1921 brother Leon W. Steward from the St Louis Alumni chapter developed the Guide Right Kappa League movement in order to reach out and engage youth in the community.
The Edwardsville/Collinsville alumni chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, chartered in January 6, 2013, has begun its Kappa League scholarship program called the E/C-GR-60. A total of 30 youth will be selected to participate in the E/C GR-60 Kappa League Scholarship program, 10youth each from the following highs schools: Collinsville, Edwardsville, and Madison High School. In addition, 30 youth will be selected from various middle and elementary schools throughout Madison County that will participate in the Guide-right Program.
It takes a village to raise a Child.
This Mentoring Program is meant to cater to young adolescent males between the ages of 9-19 years of age.
The Edwardsville/Collinsville Alumni Chapter acknowledges the dual roles and relationships that are need to re-direct challenges within the educational structure when serving our youth today. Therefore, it is extremely important that parents, teachers, caretakers, and mentors are in communication. The men of Kappa alpha Psi will look to promote positive parent/teacher interaction, as well as engage environmental communication gaps that may disrupt the youth from moving forward. We sincerely humbly request that you come and support this free program.
The objectives of the Kappa League Scholarship Program are:
1. Leadership development and self motivation for career achievement.
2. To inspire service in the public interest through cultural enrichment and character development of African American males between ages 9-19.
3. To develop leadership skills while monitoring, encouraging, and rewarding outstanding academic performance.
4. To refine self image, self esteem, social skills, and environmental awareness.
5. To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to discuss problems with those who are knowledgeable and are successful in their chosen vocations.
6. To afford the less fortunate youth a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment.
7. To inform youth of the value of higher education and assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, and fellowships.
Outcomes for gentlemen participating in the Kappa League program include but are not limited to:
• Increased academic success
• Positive self-image and appearance
• Heightened awareness of educational opportunities
• Increased involvement in community service and activism
• Ability to make positive decisions>
• Positive leadership and problem solving skills
• Knowledge and experience in regards to organizational hierarchy system
• Decrease in disciplinary issues
• Advanced Parent/Teacher Relationships
Please contact myself,
Terrance Stacker – 618-779-9035
Edwardsville/Collinsville Kappa Alpha Psi Alumni Chapter